Thank you for your interest in the Rockburn Principal’s Scholarship – Earl Slacum Award. As you may know, Earl Slacum was the first principal of Rockburn Elementary School (RES) and is an outstanding educator and leader in Howard County. The Rockburn PTA is proud to offer a one time $500 scholarship to a former RES student who is pursuing post-high school education. Please read this letter and the scholarship application carefully. Please include all of the requested information. Incomplete application packets will not be considered.
To be considered for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a senior attending a public high school in Howard County
- Have attended Rockburn Elementary School (RES) for at least 1 year, K through 5
- Have a 2.5 or higher cumulative GPA as well as demonstrate consistent participation in extracurricular or work-related activities
- Complete the application form, making sure that it is signed by the applicant and a parent/guardian
- Obtain the Scholarship Recommendation Forms from two references
The Rockburn Principal’s Scholarship – Earl Slacum Award may be used at any college, university, trade, technical, or junior college. A check for $500 will be made payable to the college, university, trade, technical, or junior college that the scholarship winner will attend.
A PDF version of the paperwork is located here
Please scan or take a picture of your completed application and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org