1. Rockburn PTA Restaurant Night: Tomorrow, Wed. December 16th from 5-10pm. Jason’s Deli 8874 McGraw Rd. Columbia. We use this time to catch up with friends from school and to support the budget for all the wonderful things the PTA does to support Rockburn. Click on http://www.groupraise.com/events/8397 to rsvp, or just come! Receipts should be placed in the fundraiser basket after your purchase.
2. Rockburn Bank Day will be on Thursday.
3. Rockburn will administer the Flu Mist on Friday morning. Permission slips were sent home in the Fall.
4. Rockburn Staff Gift giving information. This is the time of year that many of our children and families like to find ways to say thank you to teachers and staff. There are several ways to show that we appreciate them over the holidays: thank you cards, presents, flowers, and gift cards. Please note that the value of your contribution cannot exceed $25 and that Rockburn is a cashless school which does not allow cash donations/gifts. Rockburn’s PTA has collected a list of “favorite things” and wish lists from the teachers and staff. The staff wish lists can be found by visiting http://www.rockburnpta.org/holiday-gifting-tips-at-rockburn/. You may also receive an email from your class Room Parent in the next few days providing your specific teacher’s wish list items. No family is required to give, or to give in this manner. Participation is voluntary and any expression of thanks is appreciated. Happy Holidays!
5. PTA Word of the Week: JOIN. JOIN means to put or bring (two or more things) together . Your child may want to participate by locating the word hiding somewhere in the school and filling out a raffle ticket for a monthly drawing during recess for a prize.